SUNY Empire State College offers several useful career resources for students.
- maintained by the library and located at subjectguides.esc.edu/careers
- provides reliable information on the entire career process including writing a resume, taking assessments and looking into graduate school
- offers tips on preparing for a job interview or negotiating a salary and more.
- located at esc.optimalresume.com and free for Empire State College students and alumni
- features thousands of resumes and cover letters as models
- creates and save resumes and cover letters in an online portfolio
- simulates interactive interview sessions, which you can watch or listen to afterwards to critique yourself.
- Smarthinking professionals review and comment on students’ resumes and cover letters
- students can obtain a user name and password at www.esc.edu/smarthinking
- students who already have a Smarthinking user name and password can directly access this service from www.esc.edu/smarthinking
- NOTE: Empire State College has a contract for tutoring services so students will never need to enter their credit card.
- maintained by the Office of Alumni and Student Relations and located at alumnicareerservices.org/esc/Home.aspx.
- available to all students and alumni
- connect with other students and alumni, find jobs and get advice on the alumni-student community
- access the Student Career Speaker Series, a series for job seekers featuring authors and career experts who share their secrets, research and tips
- search paid and non-paid internships across New York state agencies
- receive discounts on numerous resources and services.