Purchase Commencement 2018
- The SUNY Empire State College Commencement Ceremony in Purchase, NY will take place at the PepsiCo Theatre, 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase on Friday, June 15, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Graduates should arrive at the venue no later than 5:30 p.m. Arriving graduates must check in and receive a name card. You will be directed to the line-up area for the processional. Directions for the processional will be given to graduates during the line-up.
- There will be no place to store valuables such as bags and purses, so please leave all your valuables with your guests or place them in something small enough to fit under your regalia.
- Diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. Instead, each student will receive a SUNY Empire State College medallion.
- Following the ceremoney, there will be a reception in the area outside of the theatre. Light refreshments will be served. Graduates and guests are invited to attend.
Commencement Day Timing
The ceremony will start promptly at 6:30 p.m., so plan to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. to check in and to line up. The ceremony will last about 90 minutes.
Locations and Directions
The ceremony will take place at the PepsiCo Theatre in the Performing Arts Center of Purchase College. You can find information on the directions by clicking on the link below.
From the parking lot, walk towards the front of the Performing Arts Center to the area beneath the 'bridge' overpass. The Recital Hall is directly across from the PepsiCo Theatre (upper lobby/second floor) of the Performing Arts Center.
Traffic will be heavy, as it is during rush hour on the day of the commencement ceremony. Please plan your travel time to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m.
Accessibility and Accommodations
There are designated handicapped parking spaces in the parking lot for individuals who may need them. If you need seating arrangements in the theatre please contact email@example.com to request seating accomodations.
The guest limit will be 4 per graduate. Graduates will pick up their tickets at the registration table at the ceremony.
Students are required to wear a cap and gown (regalia) to participate in Commencement. Information on how to purchase regalia will be made available in early February.
During the ceremony, a photograph will be taken of each student after they cross the stage. Following the ceremony, please look for On The Spot Photos display, where each student will pick up his or her photo, a gift from the SUNY Empire State College Alumni Association.
Since our students complete their studies at different times throughout the year, diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. The Office of the Registrar will send your diploma to the address on file when you are fully graduated from the college. Please direct any questions regarding your diploma to the Office of the Registrar at 800-847-3000.