Welcome to the Center for Distance Learning's Peer Tutor Program
Welcome to the Center for Distance Learning's Peer Tutor Program. The Peer Tutor Program encompasses three program levels of support: peer tutor, academic coach and course assistant.
Looking for a tutor/coach? Are you a CDL student who is:
- seeking assistance with course content, material and assignments?
- needing skill development in the area of time management, studying or other areas?
- requiring assistance with navigating Angel and/or other software tools?
- new to SUNY Empire State College?
The CDL Peer Tutor Program provides tutoring and coaching services, complementing already available college resources, to those CDL students needing extra assistance with their studies and/or needing guidance, encouragement and skill development. A trained peer tutor and/or academic coach will be assigned based on the details of the student's request.
If you are a CDL student in need of assistance with your course(s), guidance and/or skill development, please go to the Request a Peer Tutor/Academic Coach link for more information and to request a peer tutor/academic coach. Please note, tutors/coaches are not guaranteed. Every effort will be made to find a peer tutor/academic coach for each request received.
Looking to tutor/coach/assist? Are you a CDL student who has:
- an interest in tutoring/coaching/assisting another student or a group of students and/or entering the teaching field?
- strong communication skills which lend themselves to tutoring by phone, e-mail and other electronic communication means?
- earned a B+ or higher in CDL courses?
The Peer Tutor Program is always accepting new applications. If you are a CDL student interested in becoming a peer tutor/academic coach/course assistant, please review the information in the Become a Peer Tutor/Academic Coach/Course Assistant page and complete the Peer Tutor Application and other required forms.
NOTE: Please review the two types of tutor opportunities, peer tutor and course assistant. These roles have different expectations.
Questions? For more information about this program, please contact:
Office of Academic Support
Center for Distance Learning
Empire State College
800-847-3000, ext. 3008