Role of the Tutee
The CDL tutee will:
- be prepared for each tutoring session, so that tutoring time is effective.
- make the most out of the time spent with tutor and will be efficient.
- stay to the agreed tutoring times. If for some reason the tutee needs to reschedule, they will contact the tutor immediately. Missing agreed upon tutoring sessions consistently could result in tutoring privileges being revoked.
- agree to the best method of communication with tutor and will stay within those boundaries. Remember, the peer tutor's privacy should be respected.
- contact CDL's Office of Academic Support immediately at CDLAcademic.Support@esc.edu if at any time the tutee feels the tutor is asking too much of them, not providing the necessary assistance required, or is no longer providing effective tutoring services.
- contact CDL's Office of Academic Support immediately at CDLAcademic.Support@esc.edu if at any time the tutee feels the tutor is acting inappropriately.
- not expect the tutor to answer questions which should be answered by a primary mentor, a course instructor, and/or other college professionals.
- provide feedback, using the Tutee Feedback Form.rtf ( 168kB), to CDL's Office of Academic Support for the continued improvement of the CDL Peer Tutor Program.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the PDF file. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it for free from Adobe. If you are unable to use the file, please contact CDLAcademic.Support@esc.edu for assistance.