Morton Bahr Online Learning Scholarship Application
The scholarship, created in the name of Empire State College alumnus Morton Bahr, assists union members and other workers by furthering their educational goals and enhancing educational access through distance learning.
Bahr Scholarships are available to workers registering for undergraduate degree studies at Empire State College.
All applications must be complete to be considered.
The committee reviews your goals, the quality of your application essays and the quality of your nominations to differentiate between applicants.
Nominations from union leaders, supervisors or those who have seen evidence of your work in community organizations are the best sources since the committee will be looking for evaluative feedback.
- completed Bahr scholarship application form, including the two essays (see essay requirements below)
- two completed nomination form
- all parts of the application (application form, essays and nomination forms) must be received before the application deadline.
Note: Applications will not be considered unless all requirements are met.
Recommended Application Procedure
- Pages 4 and 5 of the online learning scholarship application packet are nomination forms. Bahr Scholarship Application (PDF 144kB)
- Share the nomination forms with two individuals willing to recommend you for this scholarship (this can include your supervisor, community leader or union official — non relatives only).
- Verify that the forms have been submitted.
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to read PDF documents. If it is not installed on your computer, download it for free from Adobe.
- Review the application essay requirements. There are two essays.
- Write one essay that discusses your goals and how the scholarship will help you accomplish those goals.
- The second one to two-page essay responds to one of the quotes.
- Complete the online application form and essays.
- Submit for review.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-3000, ext 2492.