About the Committee
The Environmental Sustainability Committee was created by the college’s president in 2010 to advance the strategic and academic plans of the college through activities that increase the college's environmental responsibility and promote the theme of environmental sustainability in academics.
Membership represents all constituencies within the college, including:
- academic centers and the coordinating center
Charge of the Committee
- to serve as liaison between the office of the director of environmental sustainability and the centers, units and offices
- to work with the director in developing policy, planning programs and coordinating all environmental efforts within the college
- to play a leadership role in relation to specific projects related to curriculum, institutional greening and long-range planning
- to consult with the director regarding the award of reassignments.