Federal Direct Loan Interest Rates
Interest rates for federal direct loans disbursed between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013:
- undergraduate subsidized direct loans fixed at 3.4 percent; this rate is expected to increase to 6.8 effective July 1, 2013
- undergraduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 6.8 percent
- graduate students are no longer eligible for subsidized loans per federal regulations
- graduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 6.8 percent
- graduate PLUS direct loans 7.9 percent
- parent PLUS direct loans 7.9 percent
The change from a variable- to a fixed-interest rate does not affect a borrower's variable-interest rate on loans made before July 1, 2006.
A 1.05 percent origination fee for all Stafford loans and a 4.20 percent origination fee for all PLUS loans is paid to the U.S. Department of Education.
Learn more about the Federal Direct Loan Program:
View your Award (login required)
Empire State College
111 West Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Questions? Contact the student information center at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000.
Name: SUC Empire State College
The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for the 2013-2014 academic year is April 1, 2013.