Federal Direct Loan Interest Rates
Interest rates for federal direct loans disbursed between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014:
- undergraduate subsidized direct loans fixed at 3.86 percent
- undergraduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 3.86 percent
- graduate students are no longer eligible for subsidized loans per federal regulations
- graduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 5.41 percent
- graduate PLUS direct loans 6.41 percent
- parent PLUS direct loans 6.41 percent
The change from a variable- to a fixed-interest rate does not affect a borrower's variable-interest rate on loans made before July 1, 2006.
A 1.072 percent origination fee for all Stafford loans and a 4.288 percent origination fee for all PLUS loans is paid to the U.S. Department of Education.
Learn more about the Federal Direct Loan Program:
View your Award (login required)
Empire State College
111 West Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Questions? Contact the student information center at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000.
Name: SUC Empire State College
The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2014-2015 is April 1, 2014.