Graduate Student Graduation Application and Clearance Procedures
Graduation Application Review and Graduation Commencement Eligibility Process
- Graduation applications are filed online by the student during the final term of enrollment. A graduation application available on the Web from the School of Graduate Studies is the first step in initiating the process. Completing the application is the first step in initiating the graduation process.
- The student services office reviews any degree completed or in progress and determines availability for participation in the graduation commencement ceremony.
- Graduation clearance is conducted when the student has completed all of the studies, received final evaluations and completed the final project.
- After all study has been successfully completed and evaluated, the student service office will review the academic records and forward a recommendation for graduation to the Office of the Registrar and Student Accounts. Academic clearance is obtained after the Office of the Registrar reviews the complete academic record, ascertaining that the studies in the degree program are completed. Financial clearance is obtained after student accounts reviews the student’s financial status, ascertaining there is no balance due.
- While these administrative procedures are taking place, the Office of the Registrar notifies students by mail of the approximate timetable of events leading to the awarding of the degree.
- After both academic and financial clearances have been completed, the Office of the Registrar assigns an official graduation date for the student for the first day of the following month. The remainder of the processing, which includes the Office of the Registrar ordering and processing the diploma, takes approximately eight weeks.
Applicable Legislation and Regulations
Related References, Policies, Procedures, Forms and Appendices
Graduation Commencement Ceremony Procedures
Graduate Student Participation in Graduation Procedures
Intent to Graduate Form