September 18, 2013
Fall 2013 Film Series
The Fall 2013 File series will be held at the Hartsdale office at 6 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month.
Talk about a fun (and free) night out! Feel free to bring a guest.
Refreshments will be served.
RSVP is required to mailto:Linda.Hamell@esc.edu.
Oct. 10 - Monsieur Lazhar (2011)
- When an Algerian immigrant seeking asylum in Montreal takes a job replacing an elementary school teacher who committed suicide, he finds that his own secret, tragic background enables him to help the children deal with their loss.
- quick post file discussion led by Susan McConnaughy, community and human services mentor
Nov. 14 - This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
- Rock and roll musical mockumentary directed by Rob Reiner about the fictional heavy metal music band, Spinal Tap. The movie satirizes the wild personal behavior and musical pretensions of hard rock and heavy metal musical bands.
- quick post film discussion led by Mark Miyake, arts mentor
Dec. 12 - Frozen River (2008)
- Set in Upstate New York, near the St. Regis Mohawk Reservation and the Quebec border shortly before Christmas, two women, Ray Eddy, a white discount store clerk, and Lila Littlewolf, a Mohawk bingo-parlor employee, form a desperate and uneasy alliance and begin trafficking illegal immigrants from Canada into the United States across the frozen St. Lawrence River.
- quick post film discussion led by Linda Guyette Hamell, director of academic support