February 27, 2013
New College Website Launched: Moodlerooms Learning Center
To support the college's migration from ANGEL to Moodlerooms planned for the September 2013 term, the Moodlerooms Project Team is pleased to announce a new Moodlerooms Learning Center at www.esc.edu/moodleroomslearning. (College login and password are required).
About the Site
The Moodlerooms Learning Center features a variety of resources to assist faculty and staff with becoming familiar with the new LMS. Content includes two self-paced tutorials, a selection of quick start guides, reference manuals and other materials that will be expanded in the coming months. This site is currently limited to faculty and staff who have a college login and password.
The student section of the site will open in July when the student self-paced tutorial is released.
Moodlerooms Instructional Materials Available
Two self-paced online tutorials, hosted within the Moodlerooms learning management system, are available for faculty and staff. They are provided by OIT as part of the "baseline" set of instructional materialsdescribed in the Moodlerooms Training Plan finalized in February 2013.
Faculty and staff can browse through the tutorials with the option to skip or complete the self-assessments. Before starting each one, users are asked to complete a brief registration form.
- Introduction to Moodlerooms. This basic online tutorial focuses on: navigating in Moodlerooms, customizing the My Home page and describing course layout.
Estimated completion time: 15 minutes
- Becoming Familiar with Your Course in Moodlerooms. This longer online tutorial provides an introduction to the following topics and skills: organizing your course, delivering course content, communicating with students, using activities, evaluating students and using groups.
Estimated completion time: 30-40 minutes
Note: Login is required for all Moodlerooms courses and tutorials. If you have not enrolled in the course already, you will be prompted to self-enroll.
Other Site Content
The site includes the following pages:
- Computer requirements for the Moodlerooms system
- Comparison chart of ANGEL and Moodlerooms features
- Links to manuals written by Moodlerooms (PDF format)
- Quick Start Guides and Videos (An initial set of downloadable handouts will be available. New resources will be added each month.)
Questions or comments about the site and the two online tutorials can be directed to Moodlerooms.Feedback@esc.edu.