Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure Groups
- provides maintenance and support for the foundation platform products on the Empire State College Enterprise network
- facilitates Enterprise software procurement and licensing
- supports collegewide security, document storage, video conferencing, help desk ticketing and Web presence content-management sytems.
Network and IT Security
- provides provisioning, maintenance, monitoring, upgrades and incident response for all computer networking functions at all college locations
- provides levels 2 and 3 technical support to ensure reliable and responsive network systems
- establishes and maintains network security, performance and reliability standards and protocols to ensure a highly available, high-performance, secure and forward-looking network environment in support of all college constituencies.
New Applications and Hosted Systems
- provides top-level support for externally hosted systems at the college, including ANGEL, Blackboard Collaborate and Cooper Notification
- works closely with the college community to support technological needs
- organizes the research and selection of a new system, taking a forward-looking approach in assisting with the development of the college's integrated technology architecture.
- provides monitoring, maintenance and upgrades for the hardware and operating systems on Empire State College’s physical and virtualized server systems in support of current load requirements and future growth and expansion
- ensures the safety and integrity of Empire State College’s computer data though backup and security measures.
Telecommunications and IT Facilities
- responsible for collegewide phone system hardware and software configuration including:
- voice mail
- ECAS (Enterprise Call Accounting Software)
- BCMS (Basic Call Management System)
- responsible for collegewide telecommunications and data service provisioning repair
- coordinates telephone and data communication wiring, physical layout, power and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) for site moves and upgrades.