What User Support Services Does
- Computer workstation deployment and connectivity: provide configuration, scheduled maintenance and ongoing support for college-owned telephony, MIS devices and peripherals with working internet and network connections, approved hardware and software programs and upgrades
- Employee login accounts management: create, delete and troubleshoot Lotus Notes accounts for faculty, emeritus faculty and staff; manage web-based accounts for ESCnet functions, for example, the adjunct faculty payroll system
- General systems support: process changes or fix incongruities in Lotus Notes address books and Datatel records. Manage the college's email distribution lists and resolve basic email and mail-forwarding issues
- Knowledge management: provide on-demand training through personal consultation or synchronous conferencing tools and other self-help materials; research and evaluate emerging technologies to promote the delivery of new types and levels of support
- Online learning environment support: diagnose and resolve Moodlerooms user issues involving access, navigation, content, communication, assignment and assessment submissions, discussion boards and evaluations
- Online registration support: diagnose and resolve user issues involving registration access, navigation, selection, finalization and payment of course/study choices
- Personal Web server account management: create and administer Personal Web Server (FTP) accounts
- Student login accounts management: troubleshoot alumni and student login-activation situations involving web-based college systems, for example, the online learning environment (Moodlerooms), student degree planning (DP Planner), student financial services forms and graduate and undergraduate online admissions, etc.
- Synchronous tools facilitation: provide setup and support for Blackboard Collaborate rooms, Wimba voice tools and videoconferencing requests.
For more information about these services, go to OIT services and support.
To request services submit a technology support request.