Management of Key Enterprise Technology Projects
Project management services are provided to organize and manage approved projects that require matrix teams temporarily formed from staff members across OIT and the college.
- works with other college offices, centers and programs to investigate and analyze requirements for project initiatives
- manages the assignment of OIT personnel and the ongoing staffing requirements for approved projects
- develops project plans that guide the execution of approved projects
- tracks schedule, cost and OIT personnel utilization to the agreed project plan
- works with other college offices, centers and programs to integrate the project plan for the OIT component of a project into a master project plan, if appropriate
- manages issues relating to the OIT component of the project including issue identification, logging into an agreed issue tracking system, tracking progress, adhering to agreed escalation procedures (defined in each project plan) and managing resolutions
- manages risks relating to the OIT component of the project including risk identification, logging into an agreed tracking system, documenting mitigation steps, tracking risk triggers and adhering to the agreed escalation process
- manages change requests relating to the OIT component of the project through a change control process including logging into an agreed tracking system, review and approval or rejection of the change and communicating this decision to requestors; for approved changes, updating the project plan and documenting the effect of such changes and communication of its effect to stakeholders
- provides status reports for the OIT components of projects in an agreed upon format and frequency
- attendance and participation in project meetings
To initiate a project, submit a technology support request.