Prior Learning Assessment System (PLA Planner)
What is the PLA Planner?
Prior learning assessment (PLA) offers students the opportunity to receive college-level credit for knowledge gained outside the traditional classroom. PLA Planner is the online tool used by Empire State College students, mentors, assessment offices and evaluators.
Using PLA Planner
- the student submits initial requests to their mentor
- the mentor submits completed student requests to the regional assessment office
- the regional assessment office assigns accepted requests to an evaluator and keeps the student apprised of the progress of their request.
The evaluator uses PLA Planner to:
- review the student's degree plan and request
- accept or reject the assignment
- submit an evaluation of the student's learning and recommendation for credit to the assessment office for accepted assignments.
How can I access PLA?
students - www.esc.edu/PLA
mentors - www.esc.edu/PLAMentor
evaluators - www.esc.edu/PLAEvaluator
How can I learn more about PLA?
If you have a question about PLA, submit a technology support request.