Institutional Review Board
- Overview: Institutional Review Board (IRB) Review Considerations
The IRB reviews proposals on a monthly basis. Proposals are collected and review begins on the first of each month. If it is determined that more information is needed, the Primary Investigator will be contacted by email. Upon receipt of the requested information, the proposal will be re-reviewed and a decision will be made by the fifteenth of that month (or the next business day if the fifteenth falls on a day that the college is closed). In the event that the requested information is not received before the fifteenth of the month, that IRB proposal will be rolled over into the next month.
- CITI Online Training
The CITI program site provides a comprehensive selection of online educational modules that designed to provide instruction in the protection of human research subjects.
- Institutional Review Board Request for Approval of Human Subjects Research Form
Fillable PDF form
- The Belmont Report
The Belmont Report is a statement of basic ethical principles and guidelines related to the conduct of research with human subjects.
- Empire State College's Institutional Review Board Membership List
- Empire State College's Protection of Human Research Subjects Policy
- Federal Regulations for the Protection of Human Subjects
- Office for Human Research Protections' IRB Guidelines
These Guidelines are a resource for IRB administrators and members working with human subjects. It is a large document explaining many of the complexities of reviewing research involving human subjects.
- Procedures for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research