Evaluate Your Own Research Question
Evaluate the Quality of Your Research Question and the Ease with Which You Should Be Able to Answer It.
- Does the question deal with a topic or isue that interests me enough to spark my own thoughts and opinions?
- Is the question easily and fully researchable?
- What type of information do I need to answer the research question?
For example, to answer the research question, "What impact has deregulation had on commercial airline safety?," will require certain types of information:
- Statistics on airline crashes before and after
- Statistics on other safety problems before and after
- Information about maintenance practices before and after
- Information about government safety requirements before and after
Contact your course tutor if you're not sure whether your research question fulfills the assignment.