Community Organizations and Associations Partnerships
SUNY Empire State College develops credit-bearing programs to meet the specific needs of community organizations that help employees and members advance their education.
Participating community programs include:
- Arts Student League
- Association of Healthcare Administrative Professionals (landing page content: Empire State College’s Center for Distance Learning is a partner with the Association of Healthcare Administrative Professionals offering convenient, online associate and bachelor’s degree programs.)
- Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc.
- Dance Education Laboratory (DEL) Program, 92nd Street Y (landing page content: The Metropolitan Center’s association with DEL provides students with an interest or background in the performing arts opportunities in single-genre and interdisciplinary studio and academic studies in dance and music at an undergraduate or graduate level.)
- Empire State Law Enforcement Trainers Network (NYSSA and NYSCAYSA)
- Fire Department of New York City (FDNY)
- Fireman's Association of the State of New York (FASNY)
- Gasoline and Automotive Service Dealers Association (GASDA)
- Hispanos Unidos de Buffalo
- Hudson Mohawk Area Health Education Center
- International Union of Police Associations
- Mesiva Ateres Yaakov
- Metropolitan Center Cohort Program in Community Health with UFT (landing page content: This program accepts applicants who have completed an A.S. in nursing elsewhere and are currently registered nurses. Students in this cohort program complete either a Bachelor of Science in community health or a Bachelor of Science in health-care management. Students can get credit towards the degree for life experience and prior learning in all areas of nursing. This program is an excellent choice for nurses who want to complete a B.S. in a supportive group environment.)
- New York State Association for the Education of Young Children (landing page content: Empire State College partners with the New York State Association for the Education of Young Children as part of the college’s childhood development certificate program.)
- New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association (NYSCOPBA)
- NYSARC, Inc.
- NYS Association for Superintendents of School Buildings and Grounds (landing page content: Empire State College’s Center for Distance Learning is a partner with the NYS Association for Superintendents of School Buildings and Grounds offering convenient, online associate and bachelor’s degree programs.)
- The Camphill Academy
- Theological Research Institute (TRI)
- University at Buffalo Childcare Center
- Year Up New York (landing page content: SUNY Empire State College's Metropolitan Center and Center for Distance Learning have partnered with Year Up New York to offer an innovative program that paves the way for Year Up New York students and graduates to enter the college with advanced standing.)
- Yip Harburg Foundation
Students interested in one of these partnerships should contact the Student Information Center at 800-847-3000. Students in metropolitan New York interested in the partnership with the Metropolitan Center Cohort Program should contact Matt Sanders at 718-907-5756.
Organizations interested in creating a similar partnership with us by phone 800-847-3000, ext. 2851 or email ESCpartners@esc.edu.