SUNY Empire Pathways Transfer Program
Jefferson Community College
SUNY Empire State College has partnered with Jefferson Community College to provide its students a pathway towards completing an associate, bachelor's or master's degree.
Benefits for Pathways transfer students:
- Schedule courses around work and life commitments
- Finish your degree where you live
- Earn a nationally recognized SUNY degree
- Save money with low tuition rates
Pathways Transfer Credit Eligibility
The Pathways Transfer Program will help you earn the 124 credits you need for a SUNY bachelor’s degree by transferring your entire associate degree with the option of taking up to 15 additional credits at your community college. Students can continue to take community college credits while enrolled for the first year at SUNY Empire, and transfer up to 79 lower-level credits towards a bachelor’s degree. If your associate degree includes 64 credits, you have the option of taking some or all of the remaining 15 credits at your community college. These additional credits can be used to satisfy SUNY general education requirements or core courses in your concentration.
Additionally, you will be eligible for financial aid for upper level courses once accepted to Empire State College.
The following chart illustrates a sample credit distribution for a full-time student.
|DEGREE PROGRAM||COMMUNITY COLLEGE CREDITS||EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE CREDITS||TOTAL|
|Pathways year 1||0-15||17-32||32|
|Pathways year 2||28||28|
The SUNY Empire State College Advantage
Since 1971, SUNY Empire State College has provided educational opportunities to working adults with busy schedules. Our dedicated faculty and staff use innovative, alternative and flexible approaches to higher education that transform people and their communities.
Ranked #1 in student satisfaction among SUNY students statewide, SUNY Empire offers the whole package with degree programs that will fit your life. Our rigorous programs connect your unique and diverse interests to your personal learning goals.
SUNY Empire offers a variety of flexible study options to meet the needs of busy adults. Study online, onsite, at residencies, in study groups, or through a blend of these methods. With 35 locations across New York State, a SUNY Empire State location is not far from you.
Choose among a variety of degree programs - we offer programs for students with varying educational goals and at different stages in their academic careers.
- We offer 12 broad areas of study at the undergraduate level. Together with a faculty mentor, you will design a concentration that is specific to your personal interests and educational goals.
- The School for Graduate Studies offers 12 masters degrees and 21 graduate certificates to meet your professional advancement goals and intellectual interests.
- SUNY Empire State College's School of Nursing has programs designed for registered nurses with an active New York state RN license at both the bachelor's and masters levels.
- With SUNY tuition, a generous transfer rate, and the option to earn credit for verifiable college-level learning through life and work experience, SUNY Empire State College is the affordable choice. For the most up-to-date information on undergraduate tuition and mandatory student fees, please visit the tuition and fees page.
SUNY Empire State College is a part of the highly respected State University of New York system. Founded in 1971, the college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.