New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association, Inc.
Confident. Courageous. Committed.
The qualities that you demonstrate each day in the workplace are the traits that will help you be successful as a student too.
The New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association, Inc. (NYSCOPBA) has partnered with SUNY Empire State College to help its members take advantage of college credit awarded for prior learning, professional licenses, and police training while earning a degree completely online, at a New York location, or both.
Members of the law enforcement community benefit from:
- Academic credit for completion of training programs that have been evaluated by the American Council on Education and National College Credit Recommendation Services (National CCRS), formerly known as the National Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction (National PONSI). For example, those who have completed New York State Department of Correctional Services Recruit Training Program are eligible to receive 16 credits toward a relevant degree program. Full details of the credit available to NYSCOBA members can be found on the National CCRS site.
- Choice to study entirely online or through one of our 34 locations in New York.
- Online academic advising and academic services.
- Credit awarded through assessment of prior college-level learning.
- Power to individualize a degree and tailor concentrations that matter to you.
- Sample of undergraduate degree concentrations that may be of interest to you:
- business administration
- criminal justice, criminal behavior or criminal investigation
- emergency management
- homeland security or security management
- human services policy
- information technology
- labor studies
- police administration, police management or police operations management
If you are interested in speaking to a dedicated specialist for information about applying and enrolling at SUNY Empire State College, please contact Kate Colberg at 518-783-6203, ext. 5990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the partnership or about forming a partnership, please call Lisa Sax Mahoney at 518-587-2100, ext. 2851 or email email@example.com.