Each member of the presidential search committee has agreed to and signed a confidentiality agreement. The agreement binds them to not speak to anyone about the search before, during or after the process.
Please understand that if you ask a committee member about the search, they will not be able to answer your questions. They will refer you to the Empire State College confidentiality statement reproduced below.
As a member of the 2012-13 State University of New York Empire State College Presidential Search Committee, I understand that the ultimate success of this endeavor, and the integrity of the college, depend on the search being conducted in an impartial, ethical and respectful manner. Therefore, I hereby agree as follows:
- I certify that I am personally not a candidate for president, nor shall I become a candidate.
- I pledge to respect the absolute confidentiality of all applicants for the position and those persons who might inquire about the position. I will not reveal the name, position or any information about such persons. This pledge of confidentiality does not end with the search.
- I pledge to maintain absolute confidentiality about all discussions of the Search Committee both during the search process and after its completion.
- I understand that if at any time throughout the search there is evidence that a member of the committee has breached the confidentiality of the search, that member may be dismissed from the committee by a majority vote of the committee.
- I pledge to come to this search willing to listen to the opinions and comments of the other members of the committee with respect and an open mind.
- I acknowledge the importance of our endeavor and pledge to make myself available for meetings and interviews once the times and dates for these events have been set.
- I understand that this committee serves in an advisory capacity to the College Council of SUNY Empire State College and that the College Council will make the final decisions regarding which candidate names to forward to the Chancellor of the State University of New York.
Signature of Search Committee Member Date
Printed Name of Committee Member