Student Affairs Committee
Report to Senate
February 11, 2011
- The online student newsletter, The Student Connection, has been launched and has successfully completed three issues. Danielle Clum is the new student editor. She is doing an internship in Student Affairs this term. Students were made aware of the newsletter through an announcement on MYESC and there is a direct link to the newsletter on the MYESC home page. A full roll out to students via e-mail will be sent at the end of February. The link to the newsletter is http://www.esc.edu/studentconnection
- The project to offer health insurance to students is with the purchasing department. They are investigating the best way to go to bid for this product and ensure students have alternatives to choose from. It is complicated given the state regulations. An answer is expected in February.
- The Student Art Award has been announced and submissions are being taken now through May, 2011.
- The Student Academic Conference is being held again in White Plains, N.Y. on October 14 and 15.
- For the first time, a student will attend All College. President Davis fully supports SAC co-chair, Anthony Falco, attending this event.
- Colleen Reedy has been chosen to represent SAC on the Student Success and Retention Task Force. She will be working with the team led by Pat Myers and John Eisler to collect and examine data on student success and retention and make recommendations to the college.
Respectfully submitted: Anthony Falco, Student co-chair and Colleen Reedy, Staff co-chair