Student Accounts

Financial Aid Refunds (Delivered Through Higher One, Inc.)

Your financial aid package is based upon your entire cost of attendance. If your approved and authorized financial aid is more than the amount you owe the college, you will receive a financial aid refund when the college receives your financial aid funds.

All financial aid refunds are processed through Higher One, Inc. You have three options on how to receive your refund:

  • a refund deposited to your own bank account
  • you may open a Higher One account
  • you may receive a Higher One paper check.

If you are a newly matriculated student who has applied for financial aid, you will receive a card in the mail from Higher One (look for the green envelope) after you register for studies. You must use the information on your card to register your choice of refund method at You must have a U.S. address on file in order to receive a card. If you choose to open a Higher One account, the card will serve as your debit card. If you select another refund method, the card will only serve to register your choice and assist you when making inquiries with Higher One. You may change your refund choice as often as you wish.

The college has partnered with Higher One, Inc. so that we are able to offer more refund choices to our students, but it is important to remember that you do not have to open a Higher One account to receive your refund. You may select one of the other two options.

You are ultimately responsible for maintaining eligibility for your financial aid. Although we review your eligibility before issuing a financial aid refund, there are circumstances where you may receive a refund from financial aid for which you are no longer eligible. Examples include, but are not limited to

1. your aid is reduced or canceled

2. you withdrew after the refund was issued.

In every case, regardless of the reason, if you receive a refund from financial aid that you are not eligible for, the funds must be returned.

We cannot issue a refund until your financial aid funds have actually arrived. With the exception of summer terms, this is usually six weeks into the term for students whose financial aid (including a Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans) was in place at the start of the term. If your aid is not in place by the term start, your refund will be delayed. For more information:

Refund Information

Make your refund selection at

Financial aid refunds FAQ 

Higher One, Inc. FAQ


Contact the Student Information Center at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000.