Arranging Payment with an Employer, Union, or Other Third-Party Sponsor
- Many of our students receive tuition assistance through an employer, union or other organization. The college refers to these as third-party sponsorships.
- To defer your registration charges with third-party sponsorship, you must submit vouchers, waivers, letters of credit and third-party checks to: Empire State College Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
- Vouchers, letters of credit, and other third-party documentation are forms of payment that must be received by the term payment due date. Many sponsorships do not cover the fees associated with registration. Students are responsible for any charges not covered by the sponsor.
- Prior to the start of the term, review your Account Summary at MyESC to confirm that your third-party sponsorship is deferring your enrollment charges. Please keep in mind that some third-party sponsorships are for specific courses only. In those cases, Student Accounts will apply the deferral to your Account Summary only after you have registered for the appropriate course(s). You may fax third party documents if there is insufficient time to receive the documents by mail. For the college to be paid by the sponsor, the original documents from these sponsors also must be provided: all UAW (Ford, GM, Chrysler, AAM, etc.), PEF vouchers and EIP vouchers.
- Please notify our office if the documents are en route and will arrive after the term payment due date.
- Your sponsorship must be a guarantee of payment. If your third-party sponsor does not make payment as intended, your unpaid sponsorship will be removed as pending aid and you will be billed. You are responsible for any outstanding balance.
- Unfortunately, we cannot defer your charges if your sponsorship is "outcome dependent," meaning you must receive a minimum grade in order to receive the sponsorship. If your sponsor requires a specific or minimum grade, you will have to pay for your enrollment and seek reimbursement after your studies are complete. The college does provide a Time Payment Plan to assist you in paying for your enrollment charges.
- Your voucher may be voided if it is altered in any way.
- Sponsorships are considered part of your overall financial aid package and may impact other forms of financial aid (federal, state and institutional).
View your Account Summary on MyESC.
Contact the Student Information Center at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000.
Student Accounts fax number: 518-581-2782*
*Students who receive PEF/PSTP, UAW and EIP vouchers may fax their vouchers to the Student Accounts office. A temporary extension of the payment due date will be entered on their account while we wait for the original vouchers to be received. Originals are required from these sponsors in order to bill the sponsors for payment.