Important Information for Organizations Providing Financial Assistance
How do I notify Empire State College that we are funding a student?
Student Accounts must receive written authorization from you telling us who and what you are going to pay for. Please include in your documentation (i.e., letterhead or voucher):
- The full name of the student(s) you are sponsoring.
- The Empire State College student ID number(s).
- The amount of the sponsorship. If you are not paying a student's charges in full, include a description of the charges you are covering. (Note: If you are paying for a student's book charges, you will receive a separate invoice from our bookstore.)
- The academic term and/or time period covered by your authorization.
- Information about your organization, including a contact person, phone number, e-mail address and billing address.
- Importantly, please include in your documentation if other forms of financial aid should be considered before issuing you an invoice. For example, should New York State Tuition Assistance (TAP) and federal Pell grants be deducted before applying the amount of your funding?
What methods of payment does the college accept?
- You may send payments by check to Empire State College, Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
- Credit card payment may be made by calling Student Accounts at 518 587-2100, ext. 2516. Please be sure to indicate what student(s) you are making payment for.
- For payment via electronic funds transfer (EFT), contact Fran at 518 587-2100 ext. 2320 to obtain banking instructions.
When can sponsors expect to receive an invoice from the college?
Empire State College issues invoices after day 28 of the term. This allows students time to add/drop and withdraw from courses, limiting the changes that may impact their final billed amount.
When are payments due?
Payment is expected within 30 days after receipt of your invoice. If your sponsorship remains unpaid after 90 days, the deferral is removed from the student's account, and the college then begins billing the student directly.
Our organization requires students to receive a particular grade before we will pay you. Will you defer payment until our student gets his/her grades?
In those cases, we will be unable to defer the student's charges as SUNY policy requires a guarantee of payment at the start of the term. In those cases where a sponsor requires a particular outcome before making payment, we require the student to make payment and seek reimbursement from their sponsor at the end of the term.
What is the college's federal ID number to use when preparing employee tax documents?
The New York State ESC federal ID number is 14-6013200. If you are looking for the SUNY Empire State College federal ID number used on the 1098-T Tuition Statement for students, please visit the 1098-T web page.
View your Account Summary on MyESC.
Contact the Student Information Center at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000.
Student Accounts fax number: 518-581-2782*
*Students who receive PEF/PSTP, UAW and EIP vouchers may fax their vouchers to the Student Accounts office. A temporary extension of the payment due date will be entered on their account while we wait for the original vouchers to be received. Originals are required from these sponsors in order to bill the sponsors for payment.