Registration Just Got Easier!
By Mary Edinburgh, college registrar, Office of the Registrar
October 17, 2013
The registration process for students has been streamlined from seven to two steps. The Office of Academic Affairs and the Office of Integrated Technologies worked together to create the new process.
Highlights of the streamlined registration process are:
- Courses/studies are added to the registration worksheet and the student finalizes the registration.
- Student registration "holds" with customized messages for follow-up are displayed immediately to the student upon registration logon. The student must clear any “holds” in order to proceed to registration.
- The student registration confirmation screen has been enhanced to display customized "next steps" based on the type of study. The confirmation screen also includes relevant bill payment, financial aid and student accounting information all on the same web page.
- Totally Individualized Studies (TIS) are still created using the same process. The term guide, the process for searching the term guide, adding studies to the student worksheet and the mentor/staff views and process are unchanged.
- Any change in student worksheet information (new studies/deleted studies) is automatically sent to the mentor's "Need Review" queue. The streamlined registration process is more intuitive and should be an easy transition for students who are familiar with the previous, multistep process.
A demonstration of the streamlined registration process and quickguide from a student perspective can be found here: https://techinfo.esc.edu/kb_article.php?ref=2870-TOAC-4801
MALS Student Jason Torreano's South African Organization Helping Youth; Empire State College Students to Study/Work There, By Helen Edelman, manager, Exchange
Annual Notification of Students Rights Under The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), By Mary Edinburgh, college registrar, Office of the Registrar
Inside Higher Ed: Troubling Stats on Adult Literacy, By Helen Edelman, manager, Exchange
Did You Know...