Admissions Requirement for State and Federal Aid Purposes

Currently, proof of high school completion is required for admission to the college. This can be in the form of high school/GED documentation, a college transcript showing completion of a degree, or college transcripts showing completion of 24 credits in a specific distribution.

The documentation collected upon admission also is used in determining financial aid eligibility.

For federal aid purposes, due to the Consolidated Appropriation Act of 2012 there has been a change to federal aid requirements. The option of showing proof of high-school completion through 24 credits is no longer acceptable for students who first attend college (here or elsewhere) on or after July 1, 2012. To be eligible for federal financial aid, applicants must submit high-school documentation, GED, or an official transcript showing conferral of a degree.