William Yaeger, Military Outreach Specialist - Midwest Region
Bill Yaeger has been a military outreach specialist with the SUNY Empire State College since September 2006. His primary responsibility is as an out-of-state representative for the college’s Office of Veteran and Military Education. In this regard, he conducted military outreach onsite with specific military bases in and around Norfolk, Va., Great Falls, Mont. and now Colorado Springs, Colo. As the college’s midwest region representative, he performs routine outreach services during education fairs, base visits and conferences from coast to coast. Yaeger served as treasurer for the Council of College and Military Educators (CCME) from 2011 to 2015.
Born in April 1964, in Elmhurst, Ill., Yaeger graduated from Proviso East High School in 1981. Following one year at Loyola University in Chicago, he enlisted in the Air Force in 1983 as a law enforcement specialist/military working dog handler. Yaeger received his B.S. in law enforcement from Northwestern Oklahoma State University in 1993. After 12 and a half years of enlisted service in security and training positions, he was commissioned through Officer Training School as a distinguished graduate and continued in the security forces career field. In 2000, Yaeger completed his M.Ed. with an emphasis in adult and higher education from the University of Oklahoma. Before retiring from the Air Force after 23 years of service in 2006, he held assignments at the squadron, group and major command levels, to include a three-year career-broadening tour as an Air Force ROTC assistant professor of aerospace studies/commandant of cadets at Michigan State University. Since October 2007, he has also been a seasonal office manager, instructor and tax advisor 2 with H&R Block.
Yaeger is married to Melissa Youderian (Lt Col, USAF), of Lincoln, Mont. and they have one son, Colton. He also has a daughter, Andrea, who works and attends graduate school in Montana. Yaeger enjoys hiking, volkssporting/volksmarching, mountain biking, cross-country skiing/snowshoeing, traveling and keeping up with the family's German Shepherd, Griz.
Contact Bill Yaeger:
Phone: 800-847-3000, ext. 2801, or 518-587-2100, ext. 2801
- Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.: by appointment only
- Fort Carson, Colo.: by appointment only
- Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.: by appointment only
- Schriever Air Force Base, Colo.: by appointment only
- USAF Academy, Colo.: by appointment only
- Francis E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyo.: by appointment only
- Pikes Peak Community College, Colo.:
- Centenial Campus, Aspen Building - Oct. 21, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and Oct. 23, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Rampart Range Campus Atrium - Oct. 22, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and Oct. 24, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Downtown Studio Campus - Oct. 23, 8 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Falcon Campus - Oct. 24, 8 a.m.-10 a.m.