Welcome from SUNY Empire State College’s Office of Academic Affairs

The Office of Academic Affairs at SUNY Empire State College leads in the development of academic priorities and works with the faculty and administration to achieve the highest standard of excellence in all our areas of academic engagement.

  • Office of the Provost
    The provost is the college’s chief academic officer and, in collaboration with the vice provosts, is responsible for all academic programs at the college’s 34 centers and units.
  • Black Male Initiative
    The Black Male Initiative is a safe space for black male students where they can freely discuss their problems and issues in an open, familiar and understanding environment without reproach or fear of embarrassment.
  • Locations
    Empire State College is represented throughout the state of New York, in eight international locations, and throughout the country and world via our online program.
  • Offices and Schools
    The college is home to a variety of offices that incorporate the needs of our students, faculty, administrators, staff and community members.
  • Catalogs and Guides
    The undergraduate and graduate catalogs and student degree planning guide are tools utilized by all members of the college community.
  • Faculty and Academic Affairs Resources
    Offerings that are of particular interest to faculty members including the college governing body.
  • Policies and Procedures
    Documents that serve as a guide for decision making at the college.
  • New Academic Program DevelopmentInformation on developing or revising the college's academic programs and on the progress of current efforts.
  • State Authorization for Online EducationInformation on the college's work to comply with each state's regulations to maintain authorization to provide online degrees to their residents.

Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read pdf files. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it for free from Adobe. If you are unable to use the file, please contact the office of Academic Affairs for assistance.