Application Essay — Associate and Bachelor's Admissions
The flexible and individualized learning aspects of Empire State College's programs require students to use and improve their reading and writing skills continually as they study at the college. In order to be successful from the beginning, students need to start with sufficient reading and writing skills.
The quality of your essay will determine your admission to the college.
Your essay will be evaluated on the following areas:
- how well you answer the essay prompt below
- how well you organize and develop your ideas
- grammar, spelling and vocabulary.
Remember to proofread your essay before you submit it.
In a typed essay of at least 300 words, please describe:
- why you are applying to SUNY Empire State College
- What you hope to study, and how would earning a degree in that field of study will help you achieve your personal and professional goals
- what strengths and experiences (educational, employment, community and personal background) you possess that will help make you a successful student at SUNY Empire State College.