Empire Opportunity Program
at SUNY Empire State College
The Empire Opportunity Program (EOP) provides access, academic support, and financial assistance to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds who show promise for college success. The SUNY Empire EOP serves students at all stages of life and learning, full time or part time.
What you get as an EOP student at SUNY Empire:
- Enhanced Academic Support Services. Get extra help from professional and peer tutors who work exclusively with EOP students.
- Mentorship. A student success mentor will advise you throughout your degree, providing the tools and resources you need to succeed at SUNY Empire and beyond.
- Flexibility. Take courses onsite in Buffalo (with more locations to follow) and/or through independent study, residencies, and online study.
- Summer Orientation. This residency-style weekend retreat helps us get to know you and deliver workshops on everything from individualized degree planning to strategies for effective communication.
- Specialized Programming. Benefit from year-round EOP workshops on topics ranging from resume writing to self-marketing on social media.
- Early Degree Planning. As soon as you’re accepted, you’ll start working with your mentor to create a degree plan that meets your personal, professional, and academic goals.
- Financial Assistance. Receive an EOP stipend to help with your college costs.
To be eligible for admission to EOP you must:
- Be a New York state resident for 12 months prior to enrollment.
- Require special admissions consideration.
- Meet the program’s academic and financial eligibility requirements.
Transfer students are eligible.
During the 2020-2021 academic year, the SUNY Empire EOP will accept 60 eligible transfer students.