Maintaining Status as a Canadian Border Commuter Student
Maintaining your status is extremely important. It affects your ability to travel to the USA and to complete your studies.
Your signature on the I-20 signifies your agreement to abide by these conditions.
To maintain status:
- Present your current I-20, valid passport, financial documents and SEVIS fee payment receipt at the border crossing.
- Do not accept employment of any kind while in the United States.
- Do not establish a residence in the United States.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress and comply with all policies and procedures as stated in the Empire State College Undergraduate Catalog.
- Notify the college's ISSC of any changes to your address or telephone number within 10 days of the change.