High School or College Credentials from Non-U.S. Institutions
If you have completed high school or college credit at a non-U.S. institution, you must have those credentials evaluated by one of the following approved evaluation services:
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. (AES)
- Educational Credential Evaluators Inc. (ECE)
- Educational Perspectives (EP)
- World Education Services (WES).
A course-by-course evaluation report is required for college transcripts.
We recommend either the general evaluation or grade evaluation for high school equivalency.
Please make sure to plan accordingly and review pricing, services, documentation requirements and the time it takes to prepare the evaluation report as each service differs.
Evaluation reports must be submitted directly from an approved evaluation service to the college. Copies of evaluations sent by the student will not be accepted.
- Canadian high school documents must show the approval of the ministry of education.
- Canadian transcripts must be in English.
- Empire State College accepts transcripts from Canadian institutions that are members of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) or the Canadian Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT).
All other educational documents must be evaluated by one of the approved evaluation services listed above.