Frequently Asked Questions

For further information regarding these and any other questions, please call 800-847-3000 or email

If your evaluation states that you have the equivalent of either an associate or bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, you do not need to provide high school documentation.

If you earned an associate or bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or if your evaluated document indicates the equivalent of an associate or bachelor’s degree earned at a regionally accredited U.S. institution, you do not need to supply high school documentation.

Proof of high school completion is required for admission to the college.

Upon acceptance to the college, transcripts from post-secondary institutions are reviewed for the transfer of credit.

These are two different processes.

All non-U.S. credentials must be evaluated and submitted according to evaluation service requirements. These services provide evaluation and verification of the authenticity of documents.

The only exceptions to this rule are high school documents from the U.S. territories and possessions. These may be directly submitted to the college.

Document requirements differ by country of origin. Please check the instructions provided by the evaluator service of your choice.

Non-U.S., high school documents need only a document-based analysis. Non-U.S. credentials from post-secondary (college/university) institutions need a course-by-course evaluation.

Empire State College accepts transcripts from Canadian institutions listed as members of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada on the same basis as those from regionally accredited institutions in the United States. All institutions not accredited by AUCC need to undergo evaluation.

Please visit the American Council on Education website at for information about General Equivalency Diploma (GED) testing.

The GED Testing Service is a joint venture between the American Council on Education (ACE) and Pearson developed to expand accessibility to the GED® test.

If your evaluated high school document indicates credit beyond the high school level, it may be used for college credit provided it fulfills a requirement in your degree plan.

Additionally, it may be possible to receive foreign language credit based on your non-U.S. high school document.

Please contact the evaluator service directly.