It is the mission of the Office of Affirmative Action to uphold the college’s commitment to a diverse, inclusive and respectful campus climate.
The affirmative action office seeks to advance diversity and inclusion by raising awareness, increasing access, removing barriers and empowering faculty, staff and students to maximize their full potential. Consistent with our mission and values, the college continuously seeks to attract and cultivate a dynamic and culturally sensitive faculty, staff and student body.
The affirmative action office’s mission can be accomplished by:
- providing guidance, leadership, training and coordination of strategic initiatives to achieve the college goal to promote a climate welcoming diverse faculty, staff and students
- effectively overseeing policies governing discrimination, harassment, reasonable accommodation, recruitment and New York state ethics laws
- ensuring that issues of harassment, discrimination, accommodation and uncivil behaviors are addressed in a timely and effective manner that does not tolerate retaliation
- offering confidential, impartial, intermediary conflict resolution services to employees, providing a less threatening approach to dispute resolution between parties
- assisting the college in meeting its commitment to promote and support an exceptional place to work and learn.
Affirmative Action Contact:
Office of Human Resources
2 Union Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-4391
Phone: 518-587-2100, ext. 2240 or 800-847-3000, ext. 2240