Getting Started at the College
Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Empire State College! You now have 3 important steps to take.
1. Attend orientation
Orientation is roughly a 2-4 hour time commitment and is required for registration.
For Fall 2019 term, orientation is available in multiple formats. Below is a brief overview of each mode. To sign up, click on the RSVP button below!
- In-person group orientation: This orientation meets at a pre-arranged time and location. Faculty members are present. You will be provided your Mentor’s name at orientation.
- Skype group orientation: This meets at a pre-arranged time with others via Skype (an internet based tool). You will be provided your Mentor’s name.
- Online self-paced orientation: Available 24 hours a day via the internet. Access is given the day of your rsvp. Mentors are assigned after orientation completion.
If you would like to attend an orientation at a location not listed, email email@example.com or call 800-847-3000 ext. 2259. We will help you schedule an orientation.
2. How to Pay for College
3. Submit your immunization forms
If you plan to register for 6 or more credits of coursework, New York State public health law requires you to submit documentation regarding meningitis and immunization against measles, mumps and rubella. Review the immunization requirements and submit your documents so you can register for classes.
Disability Services or Accommodations
For information regarding disability services or to request accommodations, please contact the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services.
- E-mail: Disability.Services@esc.edu
- Phone: 800-847-3000 extension 2244
- Website: Accessibility Resources and Services
Students find these events particularly of interest, we recommend you check them out:
Get information about upcoming residencies you can participate in.
Good health is critical to academic success. Come join other Empire State College students from across New York State at the Student Wellness Retreat.
Registration is FREE for all students! The conference will feature personal wellness coaches, guest lectures and presentations, wellness activities and demonstrations, a health fair, health screenings, and more.
Call: 800-847-3000 ext. 2259
Key Links for New Students
Specific Distance Learning Partnerships
Web sites specifically for students in the following partnership programs:
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to read PDF documents. If it is not installed on your computer, download it for free from Adobe.