Getting Started at the College
Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Empire State College! You now have 3 important steps to take.
1. How to Pay for College
Your action needed − apply for aid or check your status below:
- Do you need to apply for aid? Visit Financial Aid for more information and download our Step-by-Step Guide to Financial Aid.
- If you’ve already applied for financial aid and are awaiting your status, visit MyESC, Manage My Account.
2. Submit your immunization forms.
If you plan to register for 6 or more credits of coursework, New York State public health law requires you to submit documentation regarding meningitis and immunization against measles, mumps and rubella. Review the immunization requirements and submit your documents so you can register for classes.
3. Attend orientation.
Your Action Needed − RSVP by e-mailing us below:
Orientation is available in multiple formats:
- In-person group orientation
This orientation meets at a pre-arranged time and location. Faculty members are present. You will be provided your Mentor’s name.
- Skype group orientation
This meets at a pre-arranged time with others via Skype (an internet based tool). Mentors are assigned after orientation completion
- Online self-paced orientation
Available 24 hours a day via the internet. Access is given the day of your rsvp. Mentors are assigned after orientation completion.
Your action needed − RSVP for your choice of orientation by e-mailing us at: email@example.com
Students find these events particularly of interest, we recommend you check them out…
Residency Information (upcoming residencies)
Good health is critical to academic success. Come join other Empire State College students from across New York state at the Student Wellness Retreat.
Registration is FREE for all students! The conference will feature personal wellness coaches, guest lectures and presentations, wellness activities and demonstrations, a health fair, health screenings, and more.
Call: 800-847-3000 ext. 2259
Key Links for New Students
- College ID cards
- Computer accounts and passwords (login required)
- Sign up for ESC Alert, the college's mass notification system (login required)
- Directions and parking
- Glossary of common terms
- Orientation to college technology
- Services for students with an F-1 visa
- Undergraduate study opportunities
- Who to contact for what
Specific Distance Learning Partnerships
Web sites specifically for students in the following partnership programs: