Newly Accepted Undergraduate Students
Congratulations on your acceptance! You now have five important steps to take to become an official ESC student. Please complete the first three steps in order.
Your first step is signing up for and learning how to log into MyESC. Choose from the list below to determine which best describes you:
- I am a newly accepted undergraduate student: You should have received an email from ESC containing your college username, an account activation link and instructions to set your password. If you haven't already, please check your personal email.
- I submitted a FAFSA: You may not realize that if you submitted a FAFSA, you should already have a MyESC account. If you have not yet logged in, please check your personal email for instructions on setting your password using the college username and account activation link provided in the email.
- I have an existing ESC account: Did you apply to ESC before July 2018 or are you a returning ESC student? If so, you already have a MyESC username and password to sign into your MyESC account. If you have forgot your password, it can be reset. Contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.
- Look for an email from “email@example.com” with the subject line, “SUNY Empire State College New Login Account.”
- Check your SPAM or JUNK folders for this email, just in case.
- Username format: firstname.lastname@example.org. The “###” is the last three digits of the college ID number you received when you were officially accepted to ESC.
- Visit the student technology page for answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Contact our IT Service Desk for assistance.
Your mentor will advise you throughout your studies at SUNY Empire State College. He or she will work with you to identify and plan ways to meet your unique career and academic needs now and over the course of your degree plan.
Part of preparing for your first term includes being assigned your primary mentor. Your mentor will review your application materials and provide individual academic advisement throughout your enrollment at SUNY Empire State College. Your mentor will also help you develop a degree program that meets your educational goals and navigate transfer credit and/or credit for prior learning. In addition, your mentor will help you locate necessary learning resources. You will work with your mentor throughout your studies at ESC. Mentors are assigned approximately three weeks after you sign up for or complete orientation.
Mentor/Advisor Mode Preference Selection
There are two options for connecting with your mentor: Face-to-Face or Online.
- Face-to-Face: Meet with your mentor in person at one of our New York state locations. You can conduct future meetings and communications face-to-face or by phone or email.
- Online: Connect with your mentor by phone, videoconference or email.
In the next section, you will be asked to select your preferred mentorship mode (meeting with your mentor face to face or online). You’ll also be asked to note if you have worked with a mentor recently or in the past. We can’t guarantee that you’ll be assigned the mode or mentor you indicated, but we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.
Please note that regardless of the mentor preference you select, you’ll have access to the full range of classes (independent study, residency, online and group study) we offer. Mentors are assigned approximately three weeks after you sign up for and/or complete orientation.
RSVP now for student orientation.
We offer orientation in three convenient formats. Choose the one that works best for you:
- In-person (a face-to-face session at an ESC location near you)
- Online (pre-recorded, self-paced and available 24/7)
- Skype (an online meeting in real time via video connection)
If you plan to register for six or more credits of coursework, New York state public health law requires you to submit documentation regarding meningitis and immunization against measles, mumps and rubella. Review the Immunization Requirements and submit your documents so you can register for classes.
Disability Services and Accommodations
For information about disability services or to request special accommodations, please contact the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services.