Newly Accepted Undergraduate Students
Congratulations on your acceptance! You now have five important steps to take to become an official SUNY Empire student. Please complete the first three steps in order.
Set Up Your Student Account
First, sign up for and log into your MyESC student services portal.
NOTE: If you submitted a FAFSA, you should already have a MyESC account. Check your personal email for instructions on setting your password.
Which best describes you?
- I am a newly accepted undergraduate student.
- Please check your email for a message from SUNY Empire, which contains your username, an account activation link, and instructions on setting your password.
- I already have a SUNY Empire account.
- If you applied to SUNY Empire before July 2018 or are a returning student, you already have a MyESC account. If you forgot your password, contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.
- Look for an email from SUNY Empire with the subject line, “SUNY Empire State College New Login Account.” Check your SPAM or JUNK folders just in case.
- Whitelist your esc.edu email so that you do not miss hearing from your mentor or college offices.
- Username format is: email@example.com. The ### is the last three digits of the ID number you received upon acceptance to the college.
- Visit our student technology page for answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Contact our IT Service Desk for assistance.
What is Next?
After you've met with your faculty mentor and registered (completed steps 1 through 5 above), here's what comes next:
- Go to MyESC (log in) and familiarize yourself with your student account pages
- If you have registered for an online course, Login to MyESC, click on My Online Moodle Courses. Most online courses open a week before the term begins. If you do not see your course in Moodle on the first day of classes, please contact your instructor
- View your bill and check payment deadlines
- Make sure you receive or get your textbooks
- Request your SUNY Empire ID card
- If you have questions or concerns about your academics or courses and the instructor or your faculty mentor is not available, email StudentSuccess@esc.edu or 800-847-3000 ext. 1110.
- For information about academic support services, contact the Academic Support team who is available to help you develop a success plan for the term. Email Academic.Support@esc.edu
Disability Services and Accommodations
For information about disability services or to request special accommodations, please contact the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services.
Call: 800-847-3000 ext. 2259
Registration now open.
Orientation deadline - August 24, 2021 11:59 p.m. EST