Newly Accepted Undergraduate Students
Congratulations on your acceptance! You now have five important steps to take to become an official SUNY Empire student. Please complete the first three steps in order.
Student Identification Number, Card and Login
Your College Identification (ID) Number
When your application is approved by Empire State College, you will be assigned an Empire State College ID number which will be used to identify your records at the college. This number is assigned so that you do NOT have to use your social security number when, for example, you contact a college office about your records. Check with your mentor or a student service person at your location if you don't know your Empire State College ID. Your ID number is included on your student ID card (see "Request a Student ID Card", below).
Your College Login
Your college login provides you with access to MyESC, an important student communications portal at our web site. Once you have created a permanent password, you will be able to check the status of your financial aid and billing, make payments, register online, access the online library resources and the DP Planner software tool, as well as other college websites. For more information about your login and other college accounts, visit www.esc.edu/begin to Set Up Your Student Account or visit Student Technology or the Knowledge Base at IT Service Desk.
You can request a student ID card by contacting your location or program. The college provides student ID cards at no cost to the student. The primary contacts at centers/programs for ID card requests are listed below:
|Location or Program||Contact|
|SUNY Empire Online
Distance Learning students should send a digital or scanned 2" x 2" photograph as a .jpeg attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and an identification card will be mailed to you after the term begins. Please include the address where you would like the ID to be mailed and Empire State College ID number.
Empire State College
Outreach and Retention Services
111 West Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
|Central New York
|Harry Van Arsdale Jr. School for Labor Studies||Leetoya Young|
|International Education||Jennifer Miller|
Stacy Karlis (Garden City)
Sharlene Wegner (Hauppauge)
Kathy Spear (Riverhead)
Roberta Travis (Selden)
|Mid-Hudson||Theresa Craigg (Hartsdale)
Ellen Savini (Newburgh)
|New York City
|Western New York
|School of Nursing and Allied Health
School of Nursing and Allied Health students should send a digital or scanned 2" x 2" photograph as a .jpeg attachment to email@example.com and an identification card will be mailed to you within two weeks. Please include your name, student ID and the address where you would like the ID to be mailed.
What is Next?
After you've met with your faculty mentor and registered (completed steps 1 through 5 above), here's what comes next:
- Go to your MyESC and familiarize yourself with your student account pages
- If you have registered for an online course, Login to MyESC, click on My Online Moodle Courses. Most online courses open a week before the term begins. If you do not see your course in Moodle on the first day of classes, please contact your instructor
- View your bill and check payment deadlines
- Make sure you receive or get your textbooks
- Request your SUNY Empire ID card
- If you have questions or concerns about your academics or courses and the instructor or your faculty mentor is not available, email StudentSuccess@esc.edu or 800-847-3000 ext. 1110.
- For information about academic support services, contact the Academic Support team who is available to help you develop a success plan for the term. Email Academic.Support@esc.edu
Disability Services and Accommodations
For information about disability services or to request special accommodations, please contact the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services.
- E-mail: Disability.Services@esc.edu
- Phone: 800-847-3000 ext. 2244
Call: 800-847-3000 ext. 2259
Fall 2020 Sessions A/B Deadlines
Orientation completion deadline is Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020, at 11:59pm.
Registration and payment deadline is Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020.