In an effort to better serve our students, SUNY Empire has made the decision to begin using an outside vendor to run the college’s bookstore operations. The company chosen is Missouri Book Services (MBS), which is a subsidiary of Barnes and Noble College Booksellers. The company was chosen for its ability to provide excellent college bookstore services to our students.
Enhanced Customer Service and Course Materials Choices
Student service was foremost in the process of selecting a vendor, to ensure that students have enhanced customer service and course materials choices.
Benefits for Students
- Free ground shipping for all orders.
- Automatic population of course materials based on student’s registration (for courses which course materials lists have been received).
- Textbook rentals and eTextbooks will be available directly through the site.
- Extended customer service hours.
- The use of Financial Aid to defer the cost of course materials purchases will become available August 3.
Login to get the most out of the new bookstore site.
Your personal account login is NOT the login used in the previous bookstore. The new login is the same as your college login. (If you are not a student, use the guest login.)
Please read and be aware of the refund policy for course materials as it is very different from the previous bookstore. The college does not take responsibility for students not following the new policy.
If you have any questions about how to place an order, or any other questions regarding the bookstore, you can click on “Help” at the bottom of the bookstore website page.