- To order online for the current term, go to SUNY Empire State College Bookstore.
- Complete the course materials order form and fax or mail to bookstore. Fax orders to 518-580-2926. Mail orders to: Empire State College Bookstore, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-6048
- Remember to include course numbers on order, if applicable.
- Financial aid orders must be submitted online.
- NOTE: Starting Fall 2017, orders cannot be placed by phone. If you would like assistance in placing your order online, you may call 800-847-3000 X2365.
- Orders are shipped via UPS. Include a complete street address, with floor, apartment number, room number, etc. Domestic shipments take two to seven days via UPS. View the time-in-transit map for shipments from the Empire State College bookstore.
Check order against packing slip. If there is a shortage or damage from shipping, keep all packing materials and report the problem immediately to the bookstore at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000, ext. 2383 or email Sheila Redder.
- Unmarked books and unopened software can be returned within 30 days of purchase or 30 days from the start of the term, with prior authorization from the bookstore.
NOTE: see the detailed information and authorization request form.
- The handling fee is not refundable.
- Allow 30 days for your refund to be processed.
Refunds for RedShelf eTextbook Rental Purchases
You may cancel your RedShelf eTextbook digital rental and request an immediate refund within 14 days of your initial purchase, provided that:
- you have viewed and/or printed, in total, less than 10 percent of the RedShelf eTextbook Rental (including “strolling/scanning” through the book);
- you have not printed any pages of the eTextbook
- you have not yet used the access code for any online resource included with your eTextbook rental purchase;
- if you have accessed your eTextbook and “checked out” any part of it to view offline, it will have to be “checked in” as percentage used eligibility;
- if you rent a RedShelf eTextbook, request a refund, and then rent the same RedShelf eTextbook, you will not be eligible to request any further refunds for that RedShelf eTextbook.
You must contact the Bookstore at 800-847-3000, ext. 2365, or by email Bookstore@esc.edu within 14 days of the date of your purchase (note that it is not from the start date of the course) in order to request a refund. When you purchase a RedShelf eTextbook, you are actually purchasing a subscription to an eTextbook rental that usually expires 180 days from the date of purchase. You will not have access to the eTextbook rental after that time. Please take this into consideration when purchasing to be sure you will still have access at the end of your study.
Orders for Shipment Outside the Contiguous 48 States (Alaska, Hawaii, Canada and overseas)
- These orders must include a $6 handling fee in addition to prepaid freight.
- Duties or taxes are additional and must be paid by the student at time of delivery. Additional charges will apply for priority mail to FPO or APO addresses.
- A telephone number must be included with your order.
Please contact the bookstore at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000, ext. 2365 for shipping costs for your specific order. All orders will be shipped air freight unless otherwise specified.