The College Council
Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
About the College Council
The College Council:
- provides advice to the president and college administration
- represents the State of New York and its taxpayers in affirming that the college is fulfilling its public mission
- receives information about college programs, budgets, enrollments, facilities and student learning.
Council members are appointed by the governor and serve seven year terms. One member is a student at Empire State College and is recommended by faculty and staff and serves on a rotating basis.
The statutory areas of responsibility entrusted by the trustees of the State University of New York to college councils are:
- oversight of student housing
- development of recommendations for the college presidency should that position become vacant
- review and approval of the proposed college budget plan.
Our meetings, therefore, are designed to provide council members with current information about the college so that they may be able to advise the president with full confidence.
College Council Meeting: Video Feed
Meetings of the College Council are open to the public, and may be viewed online.
A live video feed is available on ESC-TV.
Transcripts are available from the Office of Communications and Marketing upon request.