Find an Opportunity
Are you preparing for a job search? SUNY Empire State College offers several resources to aid you in your search.
- Purple Briefcase is SUNY Empire State College's new, innovative job posting and career resource service available to students and alumni. Create an account and view job opportunities shared with the SUNY Empire community.
- InternShop is a collaborative project of SUNY and the NYS Business Council. It offers paid internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students throughout New York State.
- Career Services Blog: Find information on additional internships, job opportunities, career and job fairs, career-related events and employer events.
- Online Job Search Resources
- SUNY Empire Alumni Student Career Management Community: Top career authors and experts to share tips, tools and best practices you can use to manage your career and job searches.
- SUNY Empire Library Resources: Subject Guide
Employment resources and services available to individuals with disabilities.
- ACCES-VR: Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation offers guidance for individuals through service programs they need to reach their employment goal.
- Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) Grant: helps expand the capacity of American Job Centers (AJCs) to improve employment outcomes of individuals with disabilities
Explore career information based on occupational projections, skills and background needed and salary information.
- Projections Central: State Occupational Projections and Outlook
- Career Options: explore career options, skills needed and salary information
- Career and Cluster Videos: gain some insight into over 500 different careers
- Career Exploration: research careers and the skills, abilities, education and work place options at Career One Stop, sponsored by the US Department of Labor
Skills and Ability
When exploring the next step in your career, it is always recommended to evaluate your skills and abilities.
- Skills and Abilities videos: explore skills and abilities employers are seeking in today’s candidates
When evaluating job offer or offers, it is helpful to have wage information available to help in your decision making.
- Wage Data by Area and Occupation provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics: data available by occupation for Nation, regions, states and many metropolitan areas
- PayScale: PayScale links individuals and businesses to the largest salary profile database in the world
- LinkedIn Salary: https://www.linkedin.com/salary/: data available by occupation and geographic location