Who to Contact for Support
It is important to contact the right person when you have a concern. Below is information that will help you identify who to contact and how to contact them. To view the contact information, click the "+" to expand.
Contact your mentor for help with:
- academic records
- degree planning
- choosing studies for the next term, including cross-registration
- solving problems related to studies and academic skills.
Find your mentor in the college directory.
Note: Your mentor's college email address is based on this pattern: Firstname.Lastname@esc.edu (note the period between the first and last name). For example, Jane Smith's email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Information Center
Contact the Student Information Center with questions regarding:
- financial aid and billing
- other administrative services.
800-847-3000, ext. 2285
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. EST
Your Local Student Services Professionals
Contact your local student services professional for help with:
- disability services (list of contacts)
- filing an academic appeal or student grievance
- questions about administrative procedures, incompletes
- difficulty with another student
- problems that you have not been able to resolve with your mentor or an administrative office; a list of contacts for local centers and programs is available, along with a brief explanation of the process for resolving student problems.
Your Local Directors of Academic Support
Contact your local director of academic support for help with:
- writing, reading, mathematics, and statistics
- online and local tutoring services
- study skills (critical thinking, time management, and more).
Technology Help Desk
Contact the college help desk with questions regarding college technology:
800-847-3000, ext. 2420
Sunday: 1-9 p.m. ET
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. ET
Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET
Having issues with your college login? Please see our information about college accounts and logins.
Go to the help desk website to submit a help request online or search the knowledge base.
Contact the college librarians with questions regarding:
- information and inquiries regarding the library
- information about how to conduct research.
800-847-3000, ext. 2222
Sunday: 1 p.m.-9 p.m. ET
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. EST
Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET
Chat with a librarian via AIM, MSN and Yahoo. Look for esclibrary.
Note: If the librarian is offline, please ask your question using the online question form or one of the other methods above.
Service Standard Guidelines
The college aspires to be a welcoming and collaborative learning community dedicated to working together both respectfully and civilly. These guidelines reflect the college’s mission and core values by describing how we interact with our learners, our colleagues and our external constituents, and contribute to the Vision 2015, Strategic Initiative A.2: “Doing better by each other – institutional effectiveness.”
By endeavoring to serve each other, our learners and the public with courtesy and effectiveness, and by embracing diversity in all its forms, we will be able to foster an academic and workplace climate which includes:
- free and open and respectful speech, particularly with regard to academic matters;
- a will to resolve complex and difficult issues through inclusive and respectful debate;
- a commitment to seek effective resolutions to issues and concerns;
- timely and professional services;
- continuous reflection on our practices in order to improve our effectiveness.
Service Guidelines and Expectations
As members of the college, we take responsibility for:
- Interactions with people
- We treat colleagues and students courteously, and we thank external constituents for their interest in and service to the college.
- We make individuals feel welcome by acknowledging their presence positively and providing them with our undivided attention.
- We listen carefully, asking questions and seeking clarification when necessary to ensure understanding.
- We make every effort to answer questions. When it is necessary to refer a question, we provide contact information for the referral. If we are unable to provide a response or the desired remedy, we offer a helpful explanation.
- We are courteous in closing every conversation whether on the phone or in person.
- We maintain offices and workspaces that are welcoming and professional.
- Communication and Coordination
- We are familiar with the college’s Strategic Plan and the services that we provide to our learners and the community. (Keep tools such as the College Catalog, Fact Book, College Calendar, Academic Calendar and phone directory on hand for quick reference).
- We hold effective meetings that start on time, have a clear purpose, engage all participants, and ensure follow-up as necessary.
- We solicit and provide feedback: we make suggestions to each other in a supportive problem-solving way; we allow time for response and action; we welcome ideas for improvement; and we respond to these ideas with respect.
- We educate ourselves concerning issues of confidentiality and privacy when answering questions and providing information (FERPA, HIPAA, etc.).
- We maintain and disseminate information that is current and accurate.
- Protocols - including voice mail/e-mail, telephone
- We personalize voice mail messages.
- We leave information about when we will be available and who could be contacted for assistance in our absence. If away for more than a day or two we leave a voice/telephone message with return dates and information about who should be contacted for immediate assistance.
- We arrange coverage for e-mail when away for an extended period, by using an “away” e-mail message.
- We respect privacy rights and confidentiality (FERPA, HIPAA, etc.) when answering questions and providing information.
- We respond to e-mail, voice mail and other requests promptly when in the office, even if only to explain a delay in response or action.
- We respond in writing as expeditiously as possible to all written communications.
We answer the telephone promptly, whenever possible, using a standard greeting, including our name and, as appropriate, other information such as office or center.
Link to Official College Guidelines: Service Standard Guidelines
Office of Safety and Security
Contact the Office of Safety and Security with questions regarding the following:
Office of Safety and Security
Nonemergency: 518-587-2100, ext. 2800
Immediate emergencies requiring local police, fire services or ambulance: (from a college phone) 9-911
Emergency incident reporting:
518-587-2100, ext. 2899
Director of Safety and Security
Thomas A. Vumbaco
518-587-2100, ext. 2800 or ext. 2900
Senior Staff Assistant
John H. Szyikowski
518-587-2100, ext. 2825
Assistant Vice President for Administration
518-587-2100, ext. 2868
Discrimination Complaint Procedure
Contact your local affirmative action officer with questions regarding:
- assistance with allegations of discrimination
- discrimination complaint procedure
PDF files can be opened and read with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it for free from Adobe. If you are unable to access the form and would like to request a printed copy, please contact your local student service professional.
Phone: 518-587-2100, ext. 2265
Email: Affirmative Action Officer Mary Morton