Health and Wellness
Empire State College Offers a Health and Wellness Initiative- Free for All Students
Your good health is critical to your academic success. Research has shown that adult students leave college for a variety of reasons, but one of the most significant is for personal and family health issues.
Our program is designed to address the needs of adults as they manage their physical, mental and emotional health during their time at the college. Our services include:
- Student Health 101- A health and wellness e-magazine geared towards meeting the needs of today's Empire State College students
- Student Wellness Assistance Program- A totally FREE service offered to all Empire State College students. Includes resources such as: telecounceling, articles, interactive self-assessments, financial assistance, and more
- Talk One-2-One, a 24/7 telephone counseling service providing both telecounceling and legal/financial assistance
- supplemental benefits- specifically for higher education
- health insurance options- connections to the Offical Health Plan Marketplace
- health and wellness programming- paid for by your student health fee, request a program today or check out what is currently going on!
For questions regarding the health and wellness initiative, feel free to call the Coordinator for the Health and Wellness Initiative, Brandon Aldous, at 518-587-2100, ext. 2703.
2018 Student Wellness Retreat
Registration for the 2018 Student Wellness Retreat is now open! Please visit www.esc.edu/swr for more details and to register!
Please contact Brandon Aldous at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Health and Wellness Program Request
Are you interested in having a Health and Wellness Event hosted near you? Request it! Just visit our online Program Request Form and request your program today! If you have a question about the possibility of a program, or want to have a more in depth conversation, feel free to reach out to the Coordinator for the Health and Wellness Initiative, Brandon Aldous, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-587-2100 ext. 2703.
Upcoming Events around New York
Please contact the Coordinator for the Health and Wellness Initiative, Brandon Aldous, for questions regarding upcoming programs, or to request a program at your regional center!
All events are FREE for SUNY Empire State College Students.
|Program||Location||Address||Date||Time||Link To Register|
|Free Chair Massages||Nanuet||
150 E. Rte. 59
Nanuet, NY 10954
|February 22, 2018||12pm-3pm||N/A|
|Make Your Own Trailmix Table||E. Syracuse||
6333 Rte. 298
East Syracuse, NY 13057
|March 2, 2018||Business Hours||N/A|
It takes student input to make programs happen! Please utilize the Online Program Request Form so that we can fill up the calendar of events with awesome Health and Wellness Events all over the state!