Health and Wellness
Empire State College Offers a Health and Wellness Initiative- Free for All Students
Your good health is critical to your academic success. Research has shown that adult students leave college for a variety of reasons, but one of the most significant is for personal and family health issues.
Our program is designed to address the needs of adults as they manage their physical, mental and emotional health during their time at the college. Our services include:
- Student Health 101- A health and wellness e-magazine geared towards meeting the needs of today's Empire State College students
- Student Wellness Assistance Program- A totally FREE service offered to all Empire State College students. Includes resources such as: telecounceling, articles, interactive self-assessments, financial assistance, and more
- Talk One-2-One, a 24/7 telephone counseling service providing both telecounceling and legal/financial assistance
- supplemental benefits- specifically for higher education
- health insurance options- connections to the Offical Health Plan Marketplace
- health and wellness programming- paid for by your student health fee, request a program today or check out what is currently going on!
For questions regarding the health and wellness initiative, feel free to call the Coordinator for the Health and Wellness Initiative, Brandon Aldous, at 518-587-2100, ext. 2703.
New Programs Announced
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see all of the great upcoming programs state wide! Make sure to check back regularly for new program announcements.
Health and Wellness Program Request
Are you interested in having a Health and Wellness Event hosted near you? Request it! Just visit our online Program Request Form and request your program today! If you have a question about the possibility of a program, or want to have a more in depth conversation, feel free to reach out to the Coordinator for the Health and Wellness Initiative, Brandon Aldous, at email@example.com or 518-587-2100 ext. 2703.
Upcoming Events around New York
Please contact the Coordinator for the Health and Wellness Initiative, Brandon Aldous, for questions regarding upcoming programs, or to request a program at your regional center!
All events are FREE for SUNY Empire State College Students.
|Program||Location||Address||Date||Time||Link To Register|
6333 State Route 298
|December 2, 2017||11am-2pm||N/A|
|Mini Health Fair
(Chair Massages, Wii Fit Challenge
Nutrition Awareness Station,
Blood Pressure/Body Fat/BMI Station,
Healthy Snack Table)
|Saratoga Springs||113 West Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
|December 2, 2017||11am-1pm||N/A|
|Chair Massages||Hartsdale||210 North Central Avenue
Hartsdale, NY 10530
|December 2, 2017||10am-2pm||N/A|
|Relax, Recharge, Refocus Workshop
Presented by: Adirondack Health
|Hartsdale||210 North Central Avenue
Hartsdale, NY 10530
|December 7, 2017||6pm||N/A|
|Chair Massages||Buffalo||AppleTree Business Park
2875 Union Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14427
|December 9, 2017||12pm-2pm||N/A|
It takes student input to make programs happen! Please utilize the Online Program Request Form so that we can fill up the calendar of events with awesome Health and Wellness Events all over the state!