Eligibility Requirements/Time Commitment
- must be a matriculated student of Empire State College
- must have 2.0 cumulative G.P.A. or higher
- must have completed at least one term with the college prior to the September 2017 term (2017FA1)
The program will require a time commitment of one year. Within that year, students will engage in the following:
- three weekend meetings (Fall Student Conference, weekend leadership retreat, Student Wellness Retreat)
- leadership development workshops and seminars
- monthly telephone meetings with a leadership coach
- individual volunteer commitment
- social action group project
- presentation to the leadership class of 2018-2019.
Students will meet in-person three times throughout the year. The meetings will be held at the Fall Student Conference in the fall; a winter weekend leadership retreat in January and at the Student Wellness Retreat in the spring. Hotel and travel costs will be provided.