How to Apply
Students may request an application packet from the Office of Collegewide Student Affairs or by downloading it below:
Note: To read Microsoft Office documents, you will need the appropriate Office application, or you can download free viewers for Word, PowerPoint and Excel from Microsoft. If you are unable to open a file, please contact the Office of Collegewide Student Services for assistance.
- must be a matriculated student of Empire State College
- must have 2.0 cumulative G.P.A. or higher
- must have completed at least one term with the college prior to the September 2017 term (2017FA1)
Required for the Application
- completed application
- one letter of reference
- an essay that describes your interests, life experiences and goals, while also speaking to why you would like to participate in the Leadership Institute
Applicants will be contacted for a telephone interview once their application materials are complete.
Criteria for Selection
- quality of essay
- received by deadline (June 30, 2017)
- capacity of leadership class
If you have any questions please call the Office of Collegewide Student Affairs at 518 -587-2100 ext. 2255 or email: Student.Leadership@esc.edu