Buffalo Commencement 2018
- The SUNY Empire State College Commencement Ceremony in Buffalo, NY will take place at Buffalo State College, 1300 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo on Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 10 a.m.
- Graduates should arrive at the venue no later than 9:15 a.m. Arriving graduates must check in and receive a name card. You will be directed to the line-up area for the processional.
- There will be no place to store valuables such as bags and purses, so please leave all your valuables with your guests or place them in something small enough to fit under your regalia.
- Balloons are not permitted in Rockwell Hall.
- Immediately following the ceremony, there will be a brief reception outside (weather permitting). Light refreshments will be served.
- Diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. Instead, each student will receive a SUNY Empire State College medallion
Commencement Day Timing
Rockwell Hall will open at 9 a.m. for guest seating. The ceremony will start promptly at 10 a.m. The hall is expected to be quite full; please note that latecomers may not be able to find a seat. The ceremony will last about 90 minutes.
Location and Directions
The Performing Arts Center at Rockwell Hall is conveniently located in the heart of the museum district on the SUNY Buffalo State campus. Rockwell Hall sits on Elmwood Avenue, directly across the street from the Albright Knox Art Gallery.
Parking is available along Rockwell Road and in the Rockwell Road lots. Handicap parking is available in the lot behind Rockwell Hall on Iroquois Drive. An accessible door and elevator are immediately adjacent to that lot.
Accessibility and Accommodations
Individuals with a disability who many need accomodations (either for students or guests) are requested to contact the commencement coordinator as soon as possible, so that appropriate arrangements may be made. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for assistance.
Each graduate will be allowed 6 guests per person. No tickets are needed.
Students are required to wear a cap and gown (regalia) to participate in Commencement. Information on how to purchase regalia will be made available in early February.
During the ceremony, a photograph will be taken of each student after they cross the stage. A free photograph is available to each student following the ceremony by visiting On the Spot Photos.
Since our students complete their studies at different times throughout the year, diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. The Office of the Registrar will send your diploma to the address on file when you are fully graduated from the college. Please direct any questions regarding your diploma to the Office of the Registrar at 800-847-3000.