Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Center for Labor Studies Commencement 2018
- The SUNY Empire State College Commencement Ceremony for the Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Center for Labor Studies will take place at the Alfred Lerner Hall at Columbia University, 2920 Broadway, New York, NY on Friday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m.
- Graduates should arrive at the venue no later than 5:30 p.m. Arriving graduates must check in and receive a name card. You will be directed to the area to the line-up area for the processional.
- There will be no place to store valuables such as bags and purses, so please leave all your valuables with your guests or place them in something small enough to fit under your regalia.
- Diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. Instead, each student will receive a SUNY Empire State College medallion. After you receive your medallion, you must immediately return to your seat.
- Immediately following the ceremony, there will be a brief reception outside (weather permitting). Light refreshments will be served.
Commencement Day Timing
The ceremony will start promptly at 6:30 p.m. The ceremony will last about 90 minutes.
Location and Directions
Information on the location of Alfred Lerner Hall at Columbia University and directions can be found on the facility's website.
Parking information can be found on the facility's website.
Accessibility and Accommodations
Individuals with a disability who may need accommodations (either for students or guests) are requested to contact the commencement coordinator as soon as possible, so that appropriate arrangements may be made. Please contact email@example.com arrange for assistance.
Each graduate will be allowed 10 guests. Tickets are required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Students are required to wear a cap and gown (regalia) to participate in Commencement. Information on how to purchase regalia will be made available in early February.
During the ceremony, a photograph will be taken of each student after they cross the stage. A free photograph is available to each student following the ceremony by visiting On the Spot Photos.
Since our students complete their studies at different times throughout the year, diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. The Office of the Registrar will send your diploma to the address on file when you are fully graduated from the college. Please direct any questions regarding your diploma to the Office of the Registrar at 800-847-3000.