Learning Resources for Studies in Accounting
Recommended Links — General
Recommended Links — By SUNY Empire Online
- American Accounting Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Annual Reports.com
- Association for Information Systems
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business (IMA)
- EDGAR Database of Corporate Information: Electronic Data Gathering Analysis & Retrieval System
- Ernst & Young Center for Business Innovation
- Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Hoover’s UK (Database of information about companies in the UK, like the US version of EDGAR)
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accountants
- International Accounting Standards Board
- International Federation of Accountants
- The General Accountability Office (U.S. GAO)
- The Securities & Exchange Commission
- Accounting and Financial Analysis
iFigure provides links to interactive online calculators and worksheets that provide information to help in planning, solving and making decisions for a multitude of business problems and tasks that come up daily, such as buying real estate, investing money, figuring business profits, or making statistical comparisons. To find a tool, choose a topic from the menu at the top left of page: Accounting, Employees, Expenses, Retailing, or Taxes or use the search box.
- Empire State College - Learning Resources for Study in Economics/Data Link
A College site that links students to the following government and nonprofits organizations and online publications: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Institute of Management Accountants (information on CMA/CFA exams), Internal Revenue Service, Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation, National Society of Accountants, and N.Y.S. CPA/Public Accountancy Licensing Requirements.
- Rutgers Accounting Web site
Links out to sites ranging from the Big Five, Journals and Publications, Audit and Law to Taxation.
Images - Accounting
- Google Images - Accounting A host of searchable accounting images can be integrated into the course documents (actual photographs).