Religious Studies Concentration for Students Matriculated Before July 1, 2006
Feb. 1 1993 — AOS Guidelines: Cultural Studies
Concentration: Religious Studies
The field of religious studies encompasses a variety of histories, issues and questions. Concentrations should include perspectives and approaches to religious thought and activity including:
- religion as a discipline
- textual criticism and analysis
- historical and social-science methods.
Concentrations in religious studies should include studies leading to an understanding of:
- the phenomenon of religion as an aspect of human experience
- recurring religious themes, patterns and structures
- the different perspectives of the nature of religious study
- the major religious traditions and religious thinkers, including western and nonwestern.
Effective through June 30, 2006