An Overview of the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services Student Handbook
An Overview of Information Provided for Prospective and Current Students
The information provided on this page is designed to assist faculty and staff in learning more about the information provided to prospective and current students, as well as the expectations that the Office of Collegewide Disability Services has for those students registered with the office.
If you are looking for quick information, please review the resources provided under Register with Disability Services and Request Accommodations.
Faculty who serve as a student’s primary mentor may want to review these links first:
- Why should I register? Answers for Adult Students and Recent High School Graduates
- What if I suspect I have a disability? What to Do and Who to Contact
- Accommodations: An Overview
- Accommodations for Online Courses
- Requesting Alternatively Formatted Books
- Recordkeeping and Confidentiality
Other information within the student handbook includes:
- Laws for Students with Disabilities
- Students Rights and Responsibilities
- Temporary Disability- What Do I Qualify For?
- Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities: ADA Part-Time TAP
- Determining the Functional Limitation of Your Disability
- Documentation: What is it? When Is it required? Why get assessed?
- Grievance and Appeals: How Do I Grieve or Appeal a Disability Action?